Based on a successful Scandinavian education model, Forest School is a way of enabling young people to learn through practical involvement and free play in the natural environment.Find out more
We offer training, mentoring and inset days run by experts in outdoor learning and environmental education for all sectors of education from early years through to further education.Find out more
Environmental Curriculum On Site is a new education programme developing each school's own environmental conservation site as part of the programme.Find out more
At Green Light Trust we teach Teachers...
To engage, inspire and empower young people to be fully aware of who they are and the individual and unique abilities that they each have. Through our Forest School programmes we train teachers, classroom assistants and anyone involved in working with young people outdoors. We have a number of highly experienced trainers in environmental education and outdoor learning who are able to offer bespoke training, mentoring and Inset days for all sectors of education, from Early Years through to Further Education and Continuing Professional Development.
Our Forest School programmes help teachers and other educators involved in education and learning to enhance their delivery of the National Curriculum, provide practical experience and application to help engage our students in discovering their personal strengths, gifts and innate love of learning.
Our innovative Forest School programmes and CPD courses provide the tools and skills to develop confident and playful leadership for all those who want to take learning outdoors. We train Nursery Nurses, Teachers and Youth Workers to provide inspirational learning opportunities for everyone they are working with.The wide range of experiences we offer lead to increased confidence and progression, for both the young people and any adults who are involved in their programmes.
Benefits of our training:
- Discover the highly successful Forest School approach to teaching and learning.
- Learn to use practical skills and deep nature connection experiences to deliver elements of the National Curriculum.
- Understand the unique benefits of working within the natural world for all students.
- Gain insight into how to support social and emotional development in an outdoor setting.
- Learn new creative activities, practical skills, games, stories and songs to make learning engaging and fun.
- Maximise the educational benefits of neglected or unused areas of land or school grounds.
- Develop the practical skills to manage an outdoor site.
Green Light Trust were the first Forest School Training providers in the Eastern region, and have been offering FS Training for over 13 years. We have trained hundreds of practitioners over the years, and have a great track record with very positive feedback.