Responsible to: Greencare and Relationship Manager
Hours of work: 9-5 (unless otherwise agreed)
Salary: Salary Scale Point 5 FTE £19890 – £22040 Pro rata (fixed term contract until Sept 27th 2019)
Purpose of the role
To support adults who face significant challenges/barriers to employment and/or are at risk of social isolation move towards/into employment via ‘Building Better Opportunities (BBO) programme (BLF/ESF funded).
Key areas of responsibility
- To promote the service and follow up on programme referrals, engaging with a variety of agencies/organisations the relationship manager
- To meet set monthly outcome targets and any other contractual KPI’s
- To undertake eligibility and initial assessments with participants
- Produce SMART action plans to support the participant journey, ensuring that timely and effective monitoring, evaluation, support and guidance is provided.
- Complete individual risk assessments ensuring they comply with company and regulatory standards
- To provide support to participants to engage with GLT programme and facilitate referrals to programme partners
- engage with local employers to find suitable work placements, voluntary and paid job opportunities, in line with participant aspirations and career goals
- provide any support to participants in the work place, as required (e.g. voluntary, work trials)
- To liaise as required (and permitted) with other agencies, service providers, parents/carers who are supporting or working with the participant and to build on this network of support
- Work within the programmes quality framework to ensure that services delivered meet the standards required for the contract
- To provide gather collate and provide information required for updating/maintaining of participant records and completion of evidence/record logs, to ensure timely and accurate reporting to the lead partner
- Adhere to GLT policies and procedures and promote the charities aims and objectives
Some travel is essential and flexibility in working pattern a must, as on occasions working outside of normal working patterns is required.
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 1 years’ experience of working with disabled or disadvantaged groups, acting as a mentor and/or motivator
- Proven track record of achieving targets and KPI’s
- Knowledge of employer recruitment and employment practice is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate legislation, including Safeguarding, Health and Safety, and Data Protection
- Good negotiation and influencing skills to manage stakeholder expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication to different audiences
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload effectively ensuring efficient service delivered at all times
- An understanding of the environment/conservation sector
- Minimum level 2 or equivalent in English and maths
- IAG Level 3 or equivalent
- A qualification in training/teaching or social care
- Help and inspire individuals to take ownership of their own development
- Be patient supportive and communicative
- Highly motivated and able to work in isolation
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised, systematic and methodical
- Ability to deal with sometimes stressful situations and deal with emergencies calmly and effectively
Probation period: 3 months from start of employment.
Place of work: The Foundry, Bury Road, Lawshall, Suffolk, IP29 4PJ
Travel: A full, clean driving license is essential as the post holder will often need to travel throughout their designated county. The standard Green Light Trust mileage rate will be payable for the business use of the post holder’s private car.
Working with children or
Vulnerable adults: As the post will involve contact with children or vulnerable adults, a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure will be required in the event of a successful application.
Equal opportunities: The Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
Full Terms and Conditions: Will be provided with letter of appointment.
Registered charity number 1000977
Please send C.V and covering letter to: Tom Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to News