The Green Light Trust, Low Carbons programme was run from 2011 until 2013 and was managed by the then LCC Team; (Will Sambrook-Mentor, Liz Moss-Project Manager, Lenka Anstead- LCC Administrator). This project offered each company that joined:
- A resource efficiency audit with a resource effeciency action plan,
- 30 hours of mentoring for nominated 'Low Carbon Champion (s)' - providing them with the tools, skills and support to improve the resource efficiency and reduce carbon footprint.
- A grant of up to £3000 for the improvement of the company's equipment or buildings.
- The chance to gain a recognised award for cabron management.
The project was hugely successful. In all the project supported 85 organisations across Suffolk potentially saving £430.000 on bills every year and taking 2,500 tonnes of greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere. This project closed in spring 2013.
Low Carbon Champions has been delivered by Green Light Trust and Suffolk County Council with support from Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and Suffolk Climate Change Partnership. The project was part-funded from the European Regional Development Fund.
In total we successfully assisted 70 SME’s and 15 Social Enterprises within Suffolk by providing services that enabled them to improve their sustainability, resource efficiency, reduce carbon and save money. The project delivered the following results:
- 85 Organisations engaged – all ERDF Outputs and Results delivered – on time and on budget
- 18% Average carbon reduction in organisations
- 92% of organisations actively managing their carbon
- 50 Organisations attaining Carbon Charter Accreditation
- £90k distributed in grants to organisations for implementing carbon reducing measures – attracting £145k business match
- Winner of Sharing Best Practice Award from DCLG 2010
To find out more about what our customers thought about the project and what benefits they have found as a business to undertake developing their green practices please see the following films:
Overview & Highlights http://youtu.be/BKuoa3y1-Mc
Complete Journey http://youtu.be/buRF0gku7aI
For information on other funded services available for businesses in the region, please visit the Greenest County Website.